News for our Guests
Vail Resorts has made the final decision to have their operations in North America remain closed along with on-mountain retail stores for the season.
IMPORTANT FOR OUR GUESTS:
You have options with Pyramid Peak Properties for reservations up to April 30, 2020.
1. Receive a credit PLUS ONE NIGHT FREE STAY for the amount paid to Pyramid Peak Properties for another stay in any of our properties for up to 1 year.
2. Get a full refund from us if booked directly or from your third party booking company from now until April 30, 2020. If you have trip insurance, you must file a claim.
3. As time permits: When the "shelter in place" order is relaxed you may keep your reservation in place and enjoy the mountains away from the crowds. Your team at Pyramid Peak Properties is your trusted and realiable manager. (If you are planning to visit when the Governor of California releases us from our stay-at-home order at Kirkwood providing there is still snow and want to hike the mountain, you must first call 209-258-7444 to verify that all activities are clear and no hazards exist. Please check the Uphill Access Policy)
Pyramid Peak Properties completely understands this is a very challenging time and want the best for our customers.
Coronavirus: A PPP Guide For Travelers
Mar 25, 2020 (revised from Mar 16, Mar 11)
Why are we issuing an update?
In response to evolving concerns and questions over travel, we would like to provide some clear guidelines for our current and potential customers. There are still NO reported cases in our area. However, we encourage you to stay updated on current information from the Center of Disease Control (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO). We encourage you to keep updated, as we will be applying their recommendations to your Kirkwood and South Lake Tahoe Travel concerns.
Planning Your Summer Visit With Us…
In this everchanging daily environment, we are on hold for the time being with the "shelter in place" order. However, life will resume and this too shall pass. Once we get to that stage of this pandemic, we look forward to work together to accomodate you and your family to a well deserved vacation away from home. We hope soon there will be testing and vaccines available and this virus will see it's peak soon. Please be mindful of spreading the virus even though you do not have symptoms. Most importantly we need to keep our elderly, compromised and caregivers safe. Our lives will be normal again and we hope the best for all our guests and friends.
As SOON as we can travel freely, here are some reasons to feel more comfortable:
- Get out of the city, come to the mountains, work and play remotely far away from a dense population.
- Take advantage of our low season and midweek family rates.
- Mountain resorts are a distributed form of vacation even when the resorts are closed.
- Terrain, trails/hiking, and homes are all dispersed.
- Sharing time and space with a close group of friends and family is less risky than large events or traveling to areas with many tourists in a tight space.
- Your out of school kids need activity and a change of scenary where they can take in the great outdoors this summer.
- We are NOT a hotel, even our condominium properties are larger with less units per building.
- We are most visited by driving, versus flight or bus. Thus, allowing each group to gauge their own risk.
- Each property is cleaned right after each rental. Linens are professionally washed. Common touch points and surfaces are actively disinfected.
- Previous coronavirus studies and preliminary 2019 information show that the virus persists for a few hours or up to several days. This is good for you, as vacation rentals are often several days to a week between turnover. New data will be ascertained.
What can you do to help yourself and others around you?
Stay home if you have a fever, cough, shortness of breath or any other cold or flu-like symptom.
Stay home if you are over 65 years old, or those with weakened immune systems or chronic illness like lung disease, heart disease, diabetes or cancer.
Washing your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water aren’t available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
Avoiding touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
Avoiding close contact with anyone. Maintain distance of at least 6 feet.
Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces. Wipe down hard surfaces periodically.
Covering your mouth and nose with a tissue or your elbow when you cough or sneeze.
As a guest of Pyramid Peak Properties you will experience complete satisfaction from start to finish. We have convenient online vacation rental searches and online booking with your Visa, MC or Discover card. You can also speak with one of our friendly, knowledgeable reservation agents to help you find the perfect fit for you and your family at 888.503.2588. When you choose Pyramid Peak Properties you will find personal service with a passion for our business! There is not a place quite like South Lake Tahoe, Fallen Leaf Lake, and Kirkwood. We look forward to serving you!